Master NLP Practitioner & Gestalt Therapist
How to use the submodality approach?
1. Identify the stuck state
2. Access the kinesthetic component of the stuck state
3. Elicit the kinesthetic submodalities: location, size, shape, temperature, movement (swirling, pulsing, flowing, spinning), depth (Skin surface? How far under the skin?), dimensions in 3-D).
4. Remain aware of the predominant kinesthetic submodalities (The client is no longer caught up in the content. This has a mildly dissociating effect).
5. Stay aware and in an accepting state, waiting for the feelings to “do whatever they want to do.”
6. When the feelings have shifted enough to be considered neutral or positive, test, and future pace.