top of page
Gestalt FAQ's / Help Center
What are the 5 levels of neuroses that cause ineffective contact between the client and therapist?
1) Phony - When an individual reacts in a ‘phony manner’.
2) Phobic - When an individual tries to avoid psychological pain.
3) Impasse - Is when a person is feeling stuck and is afraid to make a change.
4) Implosive- It is when the client develops feelings and is aware of their feeling themselves but are not yet ready to take actions related to those feeling layer when the client is authentic
5) Explosive - This is the point where the gestalt therapist wants the client to be there.
bottom of page